Explore Belleville with an insider! This off-the-beaten path history tour – although of course food plays an important role! – lets you penetrate the heart and soul of eastern Paris.
You’ll discover the area’s wine-making history, its musical legacies like Edith Piaf, and we’ll contemplate and share opinions on ever-changing street art.
Belleville in eastern Paris has always been populaire: literally, of the people, or working-class. Recent gentrification has made this area a funky mix of old and new, immigrant and bourgeois bohemian.
- join me for an exploration of this effervescent neighborhood and discover the Apache gangs of the
- learn about the neighborhood’s importance as the water source of Paris
- I’ll show you an eyeful of Paris with gorgeous views over the city,
- and you’ll learn about the fascinating immigrant history of the area and its local artists
Benefit from my 25 years of living in eastern Paris,
and experience this authentically Parisian neighborhood like a local!
Back before gourmet dining reached the masses, people ate at bouillons, the first fast-food eateries in France! Or were they??
Come find out more, and explore the world of the bouillon with me, your French food & culture ambassador!
You’ll discover the beauty of the bouillon.
What is it? When did the first bouillons open in Paris? Where can you find bouillons? What can you eat there?
Discover and learn about the area around the city’s most famous bouillons, with its gorgeous covered passages and typical Parisian architecture, not to mention traditional shops and contemporary restaurants!
On this 3-hour tour, you’ll find out :
- all about Parisian restaurant history
- the bouillon’s specific trajectory to fame
- and you’ll EAT at a famous bouillon
Art history fans and foodies will love this unique and personalized visit!
Join me on this tour, by reservation only for groups of 4-8 travelers.
to the Newsletter
Are you interested in food news from Paris? Free recipes?
Sign up for my free monthly newsletter!